Terms & Privacy Notice
Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by, the following terms and conditions of use, which together with our privacy notice govern Compliance Recruitment Specialist’s (“CRS”) relationship with you in relation to the processing of your personal data and this website.
The term CRS or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Jersey.
Compliance Recruitment Specialists (CRS”) are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the personal data you provide to us.
This privacy notice explains how we collect and process your personal data as we work together in finding you a new job, or in the case of employers, a suitable candidate.
For the purpose of the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 (“the law”), the data controller is CRS. Should you have any queries or complaints regarding your data or how it is processed, please contact Colin Burgess in the first instance at email@example.com
This notice is to inform you of our policy with regard to all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you and information that could not.
For the purposes of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
We the protection of your privacy and confidentiality very seriously. CRS understands that all candidates and organisations are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and that it will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to CRS and we hope that you reciprocate.
The law also requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you, with regard to the processing and control of your personal data. Except as set out below, CRS does not share, sell, or disclose to any third parties, any personal data collected in the course of normal business.
The basis on which we process information about you
CRS will only collect and process your personal data with your consent and in order for us to fulfil our obligations to you.
By sending us your CV, or by contacting CRS to register a vacancy, you are giving your consent for CRS to process your personal data in the manner described below.
The information you provide us is to allow CRS to provide you with our recruitment services, whether you are an employer, candidate or supplier. If the basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant, then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, for example when you send us a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect us to reply. You may withdraw your consent allowing CRS to process your personal data at any time, simply by sending a request to Colin Burgess at firstname.lastname@example.org
Like everyone else, CRS are subject to local legislation. Sometimes we may have to process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation. For example, we may be required to give information to the legal authorities if they so request, or if they have the proper authorisation.
What personal information do we collect?
In order to provide you with the best opportunity tailored to your career requirements, we will only ask for personal data that will assist you in finding the right job or, in the case of employers, the right candidate.
The personal data we may collect, hold and process is set out below. This data may include, but may also not be limited to;
- Your name
- Date of birth
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Information contained on your CV including work history and education
- Details of current remuneration package
- Job preferences including role and salary expectations
- Eligibility to work in Jersey
- A copy of your passport/driving licence/registration card/utility bill
- Social Security number
- Where relevant, details of any convictions or financial information concerning bankruptcy or petty debts
- Information contained on open source databases/websites as part of the due diligence process undertaken by CRS in the normal course of business
- Any further information that you choose to share with CRS.
How do we obtain your personal information?
In order to provide both candidates and employers with the very best opportunities we will collect data from you using the following methods;
- Data that you provide directly to CRS
- Data provided through face to face meetings
- Data provided via email and telephone
Other sources of data
CRS may also process information about you where it is available from public sources. For example, if you have an online presence, we may combine that type of information with the information that has been provided directly to us.
How is candidate personal data used?
CRS will use your data to assist you in finding the right job and we will assess your data against vacancies that we feel may be of interest to you.
The personal data you provide to CRS may be provided to prospective employers for the purposes of assessing your suitability as a candidate. However your data will only be shared with prospective employers with your explicit consent.
CRS will not send or disclose any of your personal data to any third parties without your explicit consent.
CRS will collect data from organisations contracting with CRS in order to assist in the recruitment process. In the normal course of business this personal data will be restricted to the name and contact details of the individual(s) dealing with the vacancy. This personal data will be treated in accordance with this notice and the law as amended from time to time.
Safeguarding your personal data
CRS takes all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of your personal data from loss, misuse or unauthorised access by any third parties. This is achieved by having in place a range of relevant technical and organisational processes and procedures.
Data retention period
Given that we may work together on future roles with both candidates and employers, unless you request otherwise CRS will keep your data for 6 years from the last point of meaningful contact with you.
Under the law you have the following rights.
The right to know what data we have collected on you and how it is processed. You have the right to gain access to the data we hold on you. Where data is inaccurate you have the right to ask us to correct that data. You have the right to ask us not to process your data and to erase the data we hold on you. You have the right to ask us to limit the processing of your data. You also have the right to request that you are not evaluated on the basis of automated profiling, however automated profiling is not undertaken by CRS as we much prefer the personal touch.
Access to your personal information
At any time you may request to review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you. To obtain a copy of any information that CRS holds, you may send a request to Colin Burgess at email@example.com
After receiving the request we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the the relevant information.
Removal of your information
If you would like CRS to delete your personal data you may send your request to Colin Burgess at firstname.lastname@example.org we will then delete all personal data that we hold for you.
Verification of your information
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is in order to further safeguard your information.
How you can complain
If you are not happy with this privacy notice, or if you have any complaints whatsoever, then please contact Colin Burgess at email@example.com in the first instance.
If a dispute is not settled then we hope that you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with CRS in a process of mediation or arbitration.
If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner.
The Office of the Information Commissioner can be contacted in the following ways:
Telephone: +44 (0)1534 716530
Office of the Information Commissioner
Review of this privacy notice
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. Any changes that we do make will be posted on this page. Should you object to any of these changes, you have the right to withdraw consent for us to continue processing your data and for it to be destroyed.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this privacy notice, then please feel free to contact Colin Burgess by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by CRS and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of CRS. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, CRS takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of CRS – © CRS 2017. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.